I posted a variation of this on the NAMI message board (“Living with Schizophrenia”). Someone I really admire on there posted a thread entitled “I’ve got a lot to prove.” So, that is why my post is entitled “I’ve got a lot to prove, too.” Like Paul Harvey used to say, “And now you know…the rest of the rest of the story.”
- I’m jobless.
- My last hospitalization was just over a month ago.
- I’m living in a mission/homeless shelter.
- Tried taking a community college course. That didn’t work out as planned.
- I have a daughter who will be entering kindergarten 3 weeks from today and whose future in part will be determined by me, the choices I make, and my abilities (or lack thereof).
- I’m 99.99% certain that I will be filing for bankruptcy within the next 4-6 months.
- Most of all, I still have something to prove to myself. Not exactly sure what that “something” is right now, however, that “something” is still there…inside as well as outside of me.
In the end, does it really matter? Personally, I say “yes.”
As of July 29, 2011, that’s my world. I hope yours is equally as wonderful.