RECOVERY is possible! Some experts say that total recovery is possible. I’ve never heard of anyone totally recovering from schizophrenia, but I guess it’s possible. Anyway, I have developed some rules about how to recover from schizophrenia. As I see them, the 6 RECOVERY RULES are:
- Effective medications — the frontline weapon
- A quality treatment team — includes a psychiatrist and a talk therapist
- A good support system — family, friends, community, housing, food, etc.
- Self-advocacy — some are not able to self-advocate, some are.
- Staying active — mentally and physically
- Surviving stressors